How should we clean front load washing machine?
Although you do not need to run a Self Clean cycle immediately after the reminder appears, we recommend that you run one at your earliest opportunity. It's also a good idea to run one at least once per month if you do not do many washes in a month.
What You'll Need before cleaning
- Liquid chlorine bleach
- Hydrogen peroxide (optional)
- Non-abrasive household cleanser
- Mild detergent
- Soft, absorbent cloth
- Small nylon brush
Steps to clean front load washing machine
- First, empty out the drum. Then remove the detergent dispenser and clean the tray and any attachments. Replace the items when they’re cleaned.
- Next, clean the gasket around the drum and the door glass that faces the inside of the drum. Wipe these surfaces with a solution of three-quarters of a cup of chlorine bleach added to one gallon of water.
- If your front-loader has a cleaning cycle, run it now. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Some washing machine manufacturers recommend using a specific cleaning product. Others say you can use liquid chlorine bleach or distilled white vinegar.
- When the cleaning cycle is complete and your front load washing machine is cool, wipe the lid, opening and door glass with a soft cloth or towel. Then leave it ajar.